Microfinance institution PRASAC has developed into one of the top 5 microfinance institutions of Cambodia. It has a very strong rural focus and a widespread office network. One of the products PRASAC offers is focused on renewable energy. In cooperation with the government PRASAC provides bio-digester loans to clients in villages that do not have electricity. Triodos Fair Share Fund and Triodos Microfinance Fund have provided a loan to PRASAC.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2016:
- number of loan clients: 334,865
- percentage female clients: 82%
- percentage rural clients: 90%
- average loan amount: EUR 2,491
- number of savings clients: 480,037