Kompanion is a microfinance institution founded to support local communities in Kyrgyzstan in their development. The institution offers financial products and services to entrepreneurs and individuals across the country. With more than 150 offices and mini-offices operating in all regions of Kyrgyzstan, Kompanion currently is the largest microfinance institution in Kyrgyzstan. It's main products are solidarity group loans and secured small business loans. Triodos Fair Share Fund and Triodos Microfinance Fund are shareholders in Kompanion.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2016:
- number of loan clients: 98,146
- percentage female clients: 70%
- percentage rural clients: 88%
- average loan amount: EUR 622
- number of savings clients: -