FIE Gran Poder was founded in June 2001, in the midst of the Argentinean crisis, on the initiative of, amongst others, Bolivian NGO FIE. Its objective was to transfer the extensive microfinance knowledge from Bolivia to Argentina. Since then, FIE Gran Poder has grown into one of the largest specialised microfinance institution in Argentina. Triodos Susainable Finance Foundation has provided a loan in local currency to FIE Gran Poder, together with FMO and LocFund.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 6,113
- percentage female clients: 43%
- percentage rural clients: 0%
- average loan amount: EUR 1,145
- number of savings clients: -