Bina Artha's areas of operations are spread over Java, with a focus on rural areas. 50% of the households the institution serves, live below the poverty line of 2 US dollars a day. Bina Artha's long-term vision is to be a leading provider of specialised financial services in Indonesia. The loan provided by Hivos-Triodos, Triodos Fair Share Fund, and Triodos Microfinance Fund supports Bina Artha in realising this ambition.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2016:
- number of loan clients: 198,595
- percentage female clients: 99%
- percentage rural clients: 84%
- average loan amount: EUR 109
- number of savings clients: -